Horninglow has a designated nursery class available for three terms in the academic year prior to full time admittance. Pupils admitted to the nursery will still be required to register for a place in Reception Class. Please see the booklet below for more information.
Please click on the link below to see a short guide setting out the eligibility requirements for 30 hours childcare for parents of 3- and 4-year-olds in England.
Admission of Pupils
Pupils may be admitted to the school full-time at the start of the school year following their fourth birthday.
It is intended that the number of pupils admitted to Horninglow Primary School will not exceed 30.
- If the number of pupils seeking admission exceeds the number of places available, then the following order of priority will be used:
- Pupils whose statement of special needs names the school
- Pupils living within the catchment area of the school
- Pupils who would, in the first year to which the application relates, have an elder brother or sister in attendance at the school
- Pupils who satisfy both of the following tests:
i) They are distinguished from the majority of other applicants either on medical grounds which are supported by a medical report, obtained by parents, specifying the medical advantage of the child attending the preferred school compared with the normal catchment area school or by other exceptional circumstances material to the choice of school (I.e. the circumstances of the child, not the economic or social circumstances of the parent):
ii) They would suffer hardship if they were unable to attend the school.
Other pupils arranged in order of priority according to how near their home addresses are to the school.
Admission During the Academic Year
Horninglow is an inclusive school that is keen to welcome children from all backgrounds. We are always happy to welcome prospective parents for a tour of the academy and a meeting with a member of our leadership team before your child starts at the academy.